The Cathedral of The Isles and adjacent College of the Holy Spirit were built in 1851 to a design by William Butterfield. The cathedral is Britain’s smallest working cathedral and is one of 2 cathedrals in the Diocese of Argyll and The Isles, a part of the Scottish Episcopal Church. The buildings are set in 8 acres of landscaped grounds, including managed woodland, lawns, orchard and labyrinth, which can be accessed from College Street or our driveway from George Street. You will also find Millport Art Group’s Community Art Studio in the grounds.
The cathedral is open to visitors from 8.30am until 6.00pm daily throughout the year, the grounds are open at all times and there is no charge for admission. Morning Prayer is said daily at 8.30am and Evening Prayer at 5.45pm. The Sung Eucharist on a Sunday is at 11.00am. All are welcome.
On Sundays in the summer months we offer our popular free ‘Music for a Summer Afternoon’ concerts at 3pm each week. This is followed by Cloister Teas in the cathedral cloisters, which is open to all. Visit millportmusic.com to find out more.
The College now operates as a retreat centre and also offers accommodation on a Bed & Breakfast basis when no groups are in residence. We have a selection of 16 bedrooms. which includes single, twin or double rooms and two family rooms. Five of the bedrooms are en-suite and there is also a ground floor bedroom and bathroom which is specifically set up for those who are physically less able. Guests have the use of our library and common room.
Visited 4755 times, 4 Visits today